Friday, August 22, 2014

Blind Bag Palooza?

EDIT: This was supposed to have been auto-published on 8/22, last week. It seems that Blogger's scheduled posts feature is not working at all like it is supposed to. I'll be looking into this to see if there is a fix to this issue. Sorry about the delay, everyone!

I didn't feel like doing a very in-depth review this week. So here are some of the small blind bag/box items I've picked up lately.

Remember my earlier tokidoki review? I mentioned that they also make a character line of adorable unicorns called "Unicorno Fenzies." These are much, much smaller than the Donutella collectible art pieces. The boxes fit easily in the palm of your hand, and the Frenzies themselves are suuuuper tiny keychains. they're adorable, though! I got them for about $5.95 apiece at my local Barnes & Noble. It says on the box that they're not recommended for children younger than 3, which I'd agree with. Maybe 6 or 7 and up? Here are the two that I got:




The red one is from Wave 1, and is named Peperino. the black-and-white one is named Caramelo, and is from Wave 2. I tried to focus as much as I could on these, but the camera wasn't cooperating. Peperino has little devil horns, with a broken heart on his cheek. He has a jalapeno pepper cutie mark on one side of his body, with a little devil face cutie mark on the other. Peperino also has a brown patch on his stomach that extends up onto his sides and looks like flames. I'm guessing he's a...a devil unicorn or something? Caramelo is a lot easier to figure out. He's painted to look like a Mexican sugar skull, and is clearly themed after Mexico's Dia de Los Muertos. I really like these little unicorns, and might return to get a third. They're a little more expensive than I would have liked for a keychain, though.

Onto the next thing...I'm finally reviewing the Fash'em I bought earlier at Five Below. Fash'ems are a type of squishy collectible blind bag toy. I picked this up for about $4. I've never had one of these before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. You open it by tearing off the plastic cover and twisting open the capsule, and the Fash'em is inside. This is a Hello Kitty Fash'em, with Kitty wearing different animal costumes. there are 6 in all, and they looked cute on the cover.




Opening it up, it's...really sticky. The more that you handle it, the less sticky it gets, but it doesn't go away. I got the Hello Kitty panda figure, which is the one that I wanted. However, I'm not impressed by the quality of this. The paint/ink is faded looking and smudged in some areas, and not within the lines in others. Not worth the money, the guys. I'll keep it so as not to basically throw away my money, but definitely disappointed here.

Last but not least is a Sailor Moon gashapon collectible that I picked up on eBay. Gashapon are toys and collectibles that you can get in vending machines, although they are more expensive than the vending machine toys we have here in the States, usually at least a dollar or a few. Bandai has been releasing various limited edition gashapon collectibles over the past year or so, and when I saw one of the latest lines, I knew I had to get them.



I adored scrunchies when I was in middle school, and I had at least twenty to coordinate with my outfits. I still harbor a secret love for them, so when I saw that there was a Sailor Moon scrunchie set, I needed at least one. This one is a little on the small side, and is made of shiny satiny fabric. The main part is a very dark navy blue, with white moons, stars, and planetary symbols, with a white ribbon along the outside. I think it's pretty cute! I picked it up for about $6. If you're interested in getting these, make sure you're getting the real thing! The Sailor Moon gashapons come in plastic capsules like the one above, in all different colors of the rainbow. They'll also come with a piece of paper from Bandai listing all the different items you can get.

That's it for this blind bag roundup, guys! Miss Scarlett, signing out (to enjoy the rest of her day off)!