Saturday, December 27, 2014

What did you get for Christmas?

Welcome to the Hobby Haven, everyone!

There's lots of good stuff coming up in the next few weeks! I'll be doing a bunch of media reviews, which you'll probably see in January and February. I lost my camera's memory card, so I have to re-take a whooooole bunch of pictures for some reviews that I don't have finished (UGH). Plus, I got the Monster Exchange Lagoona Blue and Marisol Coxi dolls for Christmas, so I need to review those. Also, we finally got confirmation via Ever After High Dolls that Kitty Cheshire is being shipped out to stores as I type, and that our girl Duchess will be hitting stores in January. I'm seeing weekly toy hunts in my future...gotta get that swan princess! (We'll also be getting a lot more Ever After High this coming year: a playset with Ginger, two lines with three dolls each, and a special two-pack with Apple and Raven.)

We had a very low-key Christmas this year, since we had a big party for my grandmother's birthday last week. We all needed to relax, I think. After the morning gift exchange and Christmas lunch, we ended up watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, then driving around to look at Christmas lights. I personally topped off the day with the Christmas episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Pretty good, I think!

I got a copy of Persona Q, and the first four Batman movies on Blu-ray, so I was happy with that; I got a few other odds and ends, including some gift cards. I'll be using one (Amazon) to order Persona 5 once it's available, and one (Jo-Ann's Fabrics) to do arts and crafts projects. One of my good friends also sent me some Sailor Moon posters she got at a convention, and Pokemon Christmas tree ornaments. She knows me so well. :) My Funimation.com Cowboy Bebop LE also arrived, so Merry Christmas to me! My Right Stuf holiday sale orders also showed up, so it's going to be anime-palooza at my place for a while.

Happy New Year, everyone!