Saturday, February 6, 2016

Odds and sods

Hey, everyone! Happy weekend!

I've got some bits and pieces of news for you guys:

Ever After High's Dragon Games special is now LIVE on Netflix! Also, they just released a two-pack with Bunny Blanc and Alistair Wonderland, "Carnival Date." (I'm personally not crazy about the dolls' clothes, but hey, they're from Wonderland! Wacky fashion abounds there.) It's a Toys-R-Us exclusive, and you can pick it up on their website for $29.99.

Apparently, the DC Super Hero Girls dolls will be showing up in stores on February 28th! I won't be getting mine until maybe April (grrr, stupid bills), but there's no reason for you guys to miss out! One of the fan sites I follow got their hands on some early copies (review copies, maybe? Test markets?), and has been posting tons of pics. I can't wait!

Monster High just released a "Fierce Rockers" line, all rock n' roll themed. There's a 2-pack with Catty Noir and Toralei, and a 3-pack with Clawdeen, Venus, and Jinafire. Mattel's also re-releasing some previous budget lines, like Dead Tired, Beach Beasties, and Gloom Beach, so you might see those if you go to some of the big box retailers like Wal-Mart.

Still can't wait for some of the big toy and figure shows coming this month! The Tokyo Winter Wonder Festival starts TOMORROW, and I am crossing my fingers for some figure news...maybe a confirmation on those Magic Knight Rayearth figmas I saw announced last year... Now, Bandai *just* announced the release date for the Black Lady S.H. Figuarts (this July), so will they announce more Figuarts news? Maybe, maybe not. They run their own events, so they might withhold info until then. (On a side note, I wonder what this could mean for future Figuarts. A Mistress 9 Figuarts, since that's also a villain version of a protagonist?) Since there's been a lot of silence about new Sailor Moon Figuarts, and now have a figure just announced for July, I don't think we'll get anything released before then...

The NYC Toy Fair is Valentine's Day weekend (Same weekend as Katsucon, maybe we'll start getting some license announcements?), so we might see more info on the DCSHG dolls, like what characters will be released later. Also maybe some prototypes of the new "redesigned" Monster High dolls. ::shrugs::

I'll post WonFes news when I see it, so stay tuned! Miss Scarlett, signing out!