Friday, June 3, 2016

Miss Scarlett Cooks! Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing

Hello, everyone! Summer is here and I've brought you a super easy and refreshing recipe to keep you cool. I'll admit that this is one of the shortest recipes I'll ever give you, but work with me here. This is great for potlucks, picnics, outdoor suppers, you name it! The recipe is waiting for you after the jump.


Disclaimer: Everyone knows how to make fruit salad, so I'm not going to claim that I'm reinventing the wheel or something and give you some brand new way to make fruit salad that nobody has before. Just make your fruit salad however you want it: whatever fruit you want, in whatever size chunks you want. Nothing more to it. Now, as for the dressing...

The ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup honey (depending on the amount of fruit)
  • 2 tsp citrus zest
  • 1 tsp freshly squeezed citrus juice
Now I should quick explain something here, because I'm sure some of you might be scratching your heads. Use your favorite citrus fruit in this dressing! Mine is lime, so I make this as "honey lime" dressing, but you could make this into "honey lemon" or "honey grapefruit" or whichever you want! 

How to make it:
  • Place the honey, citrus zest, and juice in a small bowl and mix together. The honey will resist at first, but keep going! The juice will thin it out in a bit.
  • Drizzle over the fruit salad right before serving. You can even make this ahead of time; it refrigerates well.