Friday, December 9, 2016

Hobby Haven Holiday Cookie Blitz! Day 9: Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Welcome to the Hobby Haven's Cookie Blitz!

Remember the pudding cookies, you guys? Well, here it is: Revenge of the Pudding Cookies! I admit, when I see new products at the grocery store, I get excited. And when I saw a box of red velvet instant pudding, my first thought was, "I want to eat that. What should I put it in?" And the answer, like always, was cookies. Now, finding a recipe to use this in was kind of difficult, since just about every "red velvet" recipe out there calls for chocolate pudding mix and red food coloring. And I don't keep food coloring on hand, it kind of creeps me out. So these are "red-velvet-in-flavor-but-not-in-looks-because-Miss-Scarlett-is-ironically-grossed-out-by-red-food-coloring pudding cookies."

The ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 box red velvet pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips**
**You can also substitute white chocolate chips if you want!

How to make them:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Place the flour and baking soda in a medium bowl. Whisk together and set the bowl aside.
  • In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the pudding packaged and beat in. After it is well mixed, add the eggs and vanilla, and finish beating them in.
  • Slowly add the flour in until it has been totally mixed in. 
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Scoop the dough in tablespoonfuls and roll into balls. Place onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.