Sunday, July 20, 2014

Not a review, too.

Just a quick bit of news before I hit the sack. I've "liked" a page on Facebook called Ever After High Dolls, which is a fan-created page dedicated to news about the Ever After High franchise (as well as Monster High, to a lesser extent). They post any type of news they can get their hands on related to the franchise, and they apparently know a few websites that post toy industry-related news. they also frequent the Ever After High website and post with any pertinent updates. So:

1. They showed leaked pictures of accessory prototypes that could only belong to my favorite EAH Royal, Duchess Swan. The pictures are of high-heeled ballet slippers and a feathered and beaded headpiece, both accessories that Duchess wears. No pictures of the doll yet, but this is pretty much confirmation that they're working on the doll right now. When we can expect her is totally up in the air, but as of right now, there are no new doll announcements past August, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that she *could* be released this fall or winter. I'd personally lean towards this winter at the soonest, with an early 2015 release more likely, but we'll see if Mattel decides to exceed my expectations.

2. A new screenshot from the webisode was posted to the page, featuring what can pretty much only be a new character:

The character in question is the white-haired girl holding the chocolate ice cream cone. Her outfit is too detailed/she stands out too much to be a background character, and logically is a new character in the franchise. Speculation is going as to who she is, but she's likely the daughter of the Snow Queen or of Jack Frost, going off of her pale hair and clothes, and the snowflake ornament in her hair. Her dress looks like a tutu, so maybe she could be the daughter of the Nutcracker's Sugar Plum Fairy? All I know is that there is a significant chance that this a character that will be a regular on the show, and might get a doll, and I have to get this doll.

In essence, there are two potential Ever After High dolls coming down the pipeline that I am determined to snatch up as soon as I can. I like the show, but very few of the character designs appeal to me in the sense of "This would make an awesome doll design, and I want to have this doll." This is probably the first time that I want a toy based on a screenshot alone, heh.

Anyway, this sleepy Miss Scarlett needs to head off to bed before she crashes. Signing out!