Saturday, July 26, 2014

SDCC Toy Reveals

I've got a lot of good toys news to share for all EAH and MH enthusiasts!

(First of all, I need to say that it feels a bit weird to be making so many blog posts in such a short time...this makes, what, three this week?)

I may have mentioned before that I am following a page called Ever After High Dolls on Facebook, which I urge all of you to follow as well if you like Mattel toys. The page's admin went to the San Diego Comic Con this weekend and posted every scrap of news she learned, which is great for us fans!

News item the first: confirmation that Ever After High's Hopper Croakington II, Daring Charming, and most importantly, DUCHESS SWAN will be receiving dolls. This was sort of a no-brainer, but it's nice to have confirmation, at least. No word as to estimated street dates yet (and no pictures, either).

News item the second; boy howdy, if you like Monster High, then you'll be pleased by the roughly dozen or so dolls they premiered. A few of existing characters in new lines, but quite a few new ones. we got confirmation of another MH movie, "Haunted," with a new line and playset to go with it. There's a couple new characters introduced in this line, including a monster pirate girl named "Vandala Doubloons" who has a detachable peg leg. ::shrugs::  I wasn't overly impressed with these, since they are all very pastel.

They will also be debuting a new line called 'Monster Exchange' that sees some new exchange students coming to study at Monster High, and some existing students leaving to study abroad. I wasn't crazy about the new student dolls, and was ready to write it off when I saw the Monster exchange versions of Draculaura and Lagoona Blue. Here are the photos, straight from the Facebook page:



As you can see, Draculaura is studying in Japan, and Lagoona is studying in Spain. I am absolutely in love with these dolls. The designs are so cute and attractive, and I have decided that these will be the next Monster High dolls that I purchase. I originally was planning on getting a more basic Draculaura and was on the fence about Lagoona, but I think that these have made up my mind for me. (And that's not to say I can't find a more basic Draculaura later if I want. I really like the "Killer Style" Draculaura and Frankie Stein.) I'm not 100% crazy about Draculaura's makeup here, but I love her kimono-inspired dress and the geisha-inspired hairdo. Same goes for Lagoona; she looks like a flamenco dancer.

If you want to see more pictures of the other dolls, you can check out the Facebook link above. No word on when any of these will street, but I'm thinking probably towards the end of the year? It seems to take at least a few months for dolls to be released once their details and photos are announced. Fingers crossed that these will be easy to find at Target and such.

Oh, and one last thing; I just had an idea for a different type of post besides my reviews and occasional news dumps. I'm not sure if it would be a once-a-month type of thing or maybe biweekly, but I'll try it once a month for now and see how it goes. Check back this coming Thursday and see!

Miss scarlett, signing off!