Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What is this madness?

Hey hobbyists! Miss Scarlett is on a roll lately, and is popping in with a quick update!

I thought that I would do periodic "Pick up" posts where I go over hobby items that I buy--things that don't necessarily require reviews. I was out running errands this morning when I stopped in my local 5 Below, which apparently is now Blind Bag Headquarters. Who knew? They also has a small selection of Frozen merch, so I picked up some odds and ends.


 The two green egg-shaped objects are Legend of Zelda blind bag...er...eggs. The series is comprised of six figures in total, with Link and Zelda from Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hourglass. One of my friends is a big Legend of Zelda nut, so I figured I'd pick two up as a late birthday present. (If she posts pictures of which figures she gets, I'll post them here!) You can get them for $3.99

The white container is also a blind bag; it's a type called a Fashem. It's a Hello Kitty blind bag, which I'm stoked for since I love Hello Kitty. I'm going to wait on opening it until I have some more, maybe make a post of it. They're only $2.99, so they're pretty cheap.

The rest of my pickup were Frozen Anna and Elsa bracelets, and an Elsa poster. (Can you tell that I like Frozen?) For any of you Frozen fans (or parents of Frozen fans), 5 Below has *tons* of Frozen party supplies and favors, as well as posters and sticker books.

After I stopped at 5 Below, I swung over to do some shopping at Target. I was hit with a brainwave while in the kitchen supplies, and picked up this kitchen turntable:


"What is Miss Scarlett planning?" you might ask. "What's the point of buying a kitchen turntable if you're not using it for your kitchen?" Well...you'll see! I have a craft project planned for this, but I won't get around to working on it for another few weeks.

That's all for now! Stop by on Thursday for another post!