Friday, October 9, 2015

NEW DOLL SERIES!

I am pretty excited right now, guys, and I will share why. Mattel, the beloved makers of Barbie, Ever After High, and Monster High, are now making dolls for a new line, DC Super Hero Girls. The idea is that DC is creating a new cartoon, aimed at a slightly younger (think elementary to early middle school) audience starring their female superheroes as high school students. From the visuals I've seen, this is being aimed as a much more approachable, family-friendly version of the characters.


I probably would have become more interested in superheroes as a kid if something like this existed! I also like how the costumes aren't so bathing suit-like, it makes cosplaying a lot more approachable, as well. 


I don't know if these are prototypes or the finished product, but I really like what I see. I definitely want Wonder Woman, and would probably pick up the Batman characters. Not really crazy about the rest, though. But I like that so many of them are wearing pants! I always thought that crimefighting in those skimpy leotard-type outfits looked so uncomfortable, like they'd get a wedgie at any minute.

There will be more characters than these, of course--apparently some of the male characters like the Green Lantern will be present--and lots more merchandise, including some action figures. Merchandise is supposed to start rolling out later this month (although that can always change), so I'll be keeping my eye out!