Monday, March 7, 2016

Odds and sods



I haven't been keeping up with Monster High news since they announced the franchise "reboot," but here's some info that I picked up: "Welcome to Monster High: Dance the Fright Away" looks to be the first line with the new faces. It's a dance-party themed line with the five original girls (minus Ghoulia). New "How Do You Boo" basic dolls of the main five girls, as well. Definitely *not* picking this up, the faces look way too Barbie-like. Lady Gaga will be designing a special Monster High doll available this fall, but no further details are available yet. A picture of the doll's concept art silhouette is up on the MH fan page, though. More toy versions of the characters are available: MegaBloks playsets and mini-figs that look like the Funko Pop figures. And finally, there will be another deluxe doll, following in the footsteps of the deluxe Draculaura doll. This time, it's Skelita's time to shine. (Which to me is a little odd...I don't begrudge Skelita's time to shine, but what about the main characters like Cleo, Clawdeen, and Frankie?) She's nice, but I don't love it.

My takeaway from all of this is that Monster High is becoming less interesting to me...not sure if I will continue to support the series at all. I might end up even switching exclusively over to EAH and DCSHG permanently...we shall see.

Also, my collector's edition of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun arrived, waaaaay ahead of schedule! I'm hoping to find some time to make the review this week, but my schedule is pretty busy, so no promises.

Miss Scarlett, signing out!