Sunday, March 20, 2016

Odds and sods

Happy weekend, everyone! (It's almost over, but I hope what's left of it is happy, at any rate.)

My next media review will bill published tomorrow; I actually was hoping to get it finished last week, but RL happened, so that got postponed. I'm hoping that I'll have some downtime at work to work on some more posts. Fingers crossed!

Convention season has begun! C2E2 was this weekend, and Anime Boston and Sakura-Con will be held next weekend. We've already got some announcements from Viz (they have all kinds of rights relating to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure now, plus they licensed another Yoshitaka Amano artbook, and another Ghibli artbook. I'm happy for the latter, at least! I'm looking over the schedules for both, and it looks like all of the usual suspects: Funimation, Crunchyroll, Sentai, Viz, and Dark Horse. I'm hoping for a good amount of license announcements (Viz, you can let us know when the Sailor Moon S box set is coming! Any day now, y'know! Not like fans have been waiting months for that news or anything...), plus hearing who picked up which spring anime.

Speaking of which, I am pumped for this spring; the lineup is particularly epic. There's the second seasons of Ushio & Tora and Kagewani, the anime adaptations of Ace Attorney and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal, and some interesting-sounding new shows: Mayoiga, Kuma Miko, Bungo Stray Dogs, and Flying Witch. I'm hoping that Crunchyroll can get the majority of these shows; I have a paid subscription, so I can watch the shows right as they are released. (If Funimation gets any, they'll show them on their own site, and I'm not getting a subscription for their site for just a show or two.) I'm hoping that we'll get home video releases for all of these!

Well, that's all for now. Miss Scarlett, signing out!