Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Odds and ends!

A little different than "Odds and sods," since I don't tend to include my own shopping details in those. There's a new review coming up in a few days, and since I was able to put in some overtime earlier this month, I'm hoping to get a doll or two once HR gets me my bonus check. ::rubs hands together evilly::

After all, the budget line of the Birthday Ball dolls have hit, and they're available on Amazon for $15. I need to snag Duchess while I still can!

(Although, I...might have spent some cash in anticipation of my bonus check. I was doing a periodic browse through my Amazon wish list. If any of you anime fans are interested in picking up the fantasy action series Moribito, the complete series on Blu-ray is $24; it normally retails for twice that much. For the curious, you can check it out on Hulu; it's available both subbed and dubbed.)

Good Smile keeps showing new prototypes of stuff (although I want to know where all the figures they displayed at the Wonder Festival are. Huh, GS????), including a figma of Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney. Supposedly we'll see him later this year, but I'm not holding my breath. And no new Sailor Moon Figuarts yet (although with summer trade shows coming up, that could change), although BBTS has announced that the Sailor Pluto and Sailor V Figuarts will be getting replenishments, starting in June. You can head to their website and pre-order one. I'll get around to reviewing mine one of these days... (The Lupin III and Fujiko Figuarts are also now available for purchase, and are super tempting...)

The summer convention season has started; last weekend was host to a ton of conventions, including A-Cen, where we got our first anime license news of the season! You can check out all of the announcements at ANN, but some of the highlights (for me, at least): Vertical has licensed the "Flying Witch" manga series--the anime is airing right now on Crunchyroll for the curious--, and Viz has FINALLY answered my prayers and will be re-releasing Bleach on Blu-ray. The BD sets seem to have more episodes per set than the prior DVD release (27 as opposed to 20), and will be sold for about $45-50. Assuming they don't pull any crap like they did before and try to sell us 11-episode box sets, I'll be happy to finally pick up the whole series in a more space-saving format...although I am hesitant to let go of my old DVD boxsets, if only for the memories. And my slight hoarding tendencies.

But from now until the end of summer, just about every weekend will have at least one convention, so we can look forward to tons of awesome announcements and surprises!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I signed up for the new Nintendo Rewards program, My Nintendo. I like this new rewards program better, since it's easier to get points, all you really have to do is log into certain apps once a week. Although now the majority of what I buy (physical 3DS games) won't count towards points. And I don't really care for the rewards so far. It looks like they're trying to move away from offering you physical rewards and are just offering coupons (WTF?) and game downloads instead. We'll see how it goes once summer hits and they refresh the rewards. I don't like that the points expire, and I'm somewhat worried that by the time their expiration date rolls around, that there won't be anything I like to get!

Miss Scarlett, signing out!