Friday, November 25, 2016

Black Friday!

Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Well, today is the craaaaaziest shopping day of the year, Black Friday! With deals galore, there's something on sale for every budget and every occasion.

I got most of my Black Friday shopping done on Wednesday, believe it or not! It seems that more and more retailers are beginning to launch deals before Thanksgiving, and extend them through the rest of the week and the weekend. So even if you weren't able to shop yet (if you're planning to, that is), you've still got some time! And actually, I find that I spend less and less time in actual stores and more and more online, especially if they offer free shipping.

I didn't quite get everything I was planning, though; I was hoping to get the remastered version of Final Fantasy X from Target (only $8!), but the deal never seems to be active when I check the website... Also, Walmart had some pretty decent Blu-ray deals, but the free shipping minimum is $25 (and I don't want enough stuff to make the minimum).


My Black Friday kill count:



  • PS4 Slim Uncharted 4 Bundle from Amazon (I have their store card, so I get triple reward points on all purchases made from Amazon.)
  • "The Tokyo Zodiac Murders" novel from Amazon (used a $10 promotional BF coupon, basically got for free)
  • A new microphone (I had a coupon for 5% off)
  • $50 Nintendo eShop gift card from Best Buy: at 15% off, was $42.50
  • Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates; offered at Rite Aid as buy 1 get 2 free (for my co-workers, none for me, sadly)
  • Buff puff bath net sponges; another Rite Aid "buy 1 get 2 free"
  • I am Setsuna for the PS4 (Offered at 33% off, plus I had a 10% off coupon that stacked, so ALMOST half off!)
  • Clothes from aerie (undergarments and PJ's are buy one, get one free)
  • Clothes from New York and Company (sweater for 75% off, pants for 50% off)
  • I actually have been buying anime through the week! There are a few more shows that I am hoping will go on sale, but I've got most of what I wanted...)
    • From the Funimation.com store: Michiko & Hatchin S.A.V.E. Edition, The Devil is a Part-Timer Anime Classics Edition, and Origin: Special Edition (all on Blu-ray)
    • From Sentai Filmworks' store: Guin Saga, Heaven's Memo Pad, Inu x Boku SS, Angel Beats, Maoyu, Kids on the Slope, and Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth (all except the last are complete collections on Blu-ray; the last one is a DVD-only complete collection)
    • From Right Stuf: Yu Yu Hakusho season 1, and Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (all on Blu-ray)
I might end up getting more anime later, if there are good deals on the other shows I'm interested in. We'll see...Miss Scarlett, signing out!