Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Odds and sods

Hi, everyone! The weekend is almost here! Are you as excited as I am? (My best friend and I are going to go out for lunch, shopping, and a play this weekend; it's nice to have some "girl time" to look forward to, especially given how busy work has been.)

Here's some bits of news for you:


Black Friday ads have begun to be leaked! There's news of lots of PS4/PS4 Slim and XBox One S bundles available from different retailers. So far, we've got confirmation of bundles from eBay, Dell, Best Buy, Target, Gamestop, and Walmart. The bundles are for the "vanilla" PS4 or the PS4 Slim bundled with a game, or the XBox One S bundled with a game, for $249. Last year (before the Slim and S models came out, obviously), bundles were $299. It looks like Sony is encouraging stores to sell existing models before the release of the PS4 Pro, so of course Microsoft doesn't want to be left behind.

Since I'm not getting a Pro (I don't really play AAA games, so it's not like the games I play would benefit hugely from the Pro), this is excellent news for me! I had initially budgeted $299 for a bundle, but this will save me some additional cash that I can hopefully put towards some games; I'm fully expecting Best Buy and other retailers to offer sales on PSN gift cards. Even if it's 10% off, that will be helpful.

Also, Nintendo is offering a special Black Friday deal: a limited-edition New Nintendo 3DS for $99.95. This is about 50% off of MSRP, and considering Nintendo doesn't usually offer sales or discounts on their products, this is an incredible deal. They're available seemingly at every big box retailer (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.), and the only caveat I can find is that they only come in black or white. I can't find any information on how many are available, or if any remaindered stock will be available at the same price, so I think it's safe to assume that this is a Black Friday-only deal. For those looking to get into the Nintendo 3DS family, this is an INCREDIBLE opportunity. Full disclosure, I have one of my own, and it's worth every penny thanks to all the awesome RPG and puzzle games available for it.

Persona 5....is delayed AGAIN. The new release date will be Tuesday, April 4th, approximately two months further out from the original February 14th release date. I've heard rumblings that this is due to the Nintendo Switch's release (so Atlus wants to make sure the game doesn't get quickly overshadowed), but who knows at this point. Atlus tried to soften the blow by announcing that they will offer the original Japanese game audio as a free DLC set. While I do have to admit that I'm a little pleased since I like several of the character's Japanese voices, I am just tired of waiting! (I am half expecting us to get to January, and oooooops, they have to delay it again)

In more cheerful news, next Wednesday will kick off Right Stuf's annual holiday sale! They sent out their catalog a little while ago, which had some details about the whole thing. It looks like they are continuing their strategy from last year of placing a new batch of items on sale every day, and keeping all the sale items on sale until the last day. They had a really fun feature last year where certain days had "Mega Deals" that were discounted at percentage rates they normally don't do (think 65% off as opposed to 50% off)...but the catch was that the super low discount was only for one day.

I'll try to post some links to sales and such again! Hopefully I will have some downtime at work next week to post them.

Miss Scarlett, signing out!