Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Extravaganza!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Today, I've decided to trick you...by giving you not, one, not two, but three treats! Three reviews, all day long! I've decided to take the day off--work has been so stressful lately--to give myself a breather, and relax by watching movies and eating some seasonal goodies! So while I've got some pumpkin cupcakes in the oven, I'll whip out this first mini review in no time!


Our mutual friend, Good Smile Company, has decided to bless us this year with Halloween outfits for our Nendoroids. I am not lying. Here is the smallest and most adorable: a Halloween black cat kigurumi. Okay, so it's technically a "face parts case," but we all know that this is a cheap way to make a Nendoroid character spooky. Just stick a character's face plate into this baby, and BAM! Instant costume.

This was about $9, and honestly, I'm pretty pleased with it. I picked it up at HobbyLInk Japan, my new favorite addiction.


The box is quite tiny, maybe 6 inches tall? The design is pretty minimalist, with just a few touches of Halloween orange and purple here and there.


I'm surprised by how much space these directions(??) take up on the box. Normally, GSC crams as many photos as they can onto the box! It's nice to see that the one side is much more visually appealing, with the orange background and flying bats. MUCH spookier!

You gotta hand it to GSC, this is very well protected. First, there's a layer of bubble wrap.


Next is a thin plastic bag, with holes so I guess the plastic smell can easily diffuse?


It wouldn't be Good Smile without COPIOUS INSTRUCTIONS.


The case is very well made. Solid, good heft. The plastic is smooth and matte and is a nice, even shade of black. The ears are mismatched orange and purple (the same colors used on the front of the box), and there's a cute little graphic of a spiderweb and a Jack O'Lantern near one foot. Visually, it's very interesting, although at first I was convinced this was a bear. So maybe Good Smile should have given the cat some whiskers, because it's pretty hard to tell.


There's a tail on the back! And...another breathing hole? Or something?

This little darling opens via a hatch on the top. Press down on the ridged area...

...and it swings open!


Here's Victor, showing off his new costume! It's really cute, guys. Even if it does slightly look like the cat has swallowed by Victor. Spooky~~


It's really simple to use, honestly: place the face plate in the slot, and gently nudge it down. Clip and...you're done!

I'm very pleased with it, and if GSC has any more, I'm definitely open to getting another. Well, that's it for the moment, everyone...I'll see you later today! Miss Scarlett, signing out!