Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sales post

It's dark and cold and snowy this morning, and when I woke up, I thought it was several hours earlier than it actually was. Brrr. Welcome to the Hobby Haven.

I just wanted to do a quick sales post here, and state that I'll be putting up my Sailor Moon review tomorrow probably.

I think the Hobby Haven will be buzzing with lots of deals posts the next few weeks, as I gush about sales and whatnot. Just so you have an idea of what to look forward to.

Amazon is having a flash sale on select Monster and Ever After High dolls, TODAY ONLY. Check out their site for more details.

Wave 3 of Right Stuf's sale is live! They are offering all three seasons of Revolutionary Girl Utena as a flash sale bundle, which I highly suggest you investigate if you like mind-bending stories and heroines with grit. The Sailor Moon LE is also on sale (sort of) for $70. Quick explanation: Viz released Sailor Moon in several "flavors": a basic DVD pack, a limited edition DVD/BD combo pack with several goodies, and (later) a basic DVD/BD combo pack with no goodies. Right Stuf is offering the limited edition pack with their exclusive "gift with purchase" collectible coin. Keep in mind that Viz's anime DVDs and BDs rarely go on sale, and relatively new shows almost NEVER are on sale. So the 12% off is the best sale you're going to get on  it for now with you desperately want the edition with the pack-in extras.

I personally am a little conflicted on whether to pull the trigger. I have a list of shows that I want to buy, and a strict $100 budget. BUT. This wave is offering the Dark Horse re-release of "The Sky," which is a Final Fantasy artbook set solely featuring Yoshitaka Amano's concept art. It's normally offered for about $80-90, is on sale for $45, and I am so conflicted over whether or not to get it or wait. I might just keep an eye on the website while I wait for the 12 Days of Christmas sale and see. Nothing that I *really* want has gone on sale yet.

Kotaku has posted their own Black Friday Deals roundup, and it's worth taking a look at if you're shopping for electronics.

That's all for now, guys! I'm off to finish cleaning up for company tomorrow...and to make my Black Friday/Cyber Monday wishlist! Have a great holiday!

EDIT: Oh dear, I forgot to add that Steam has kicked off their Autumn Sale today. It goes until December 2nd. As a handy tip: if something you're interested in is a daily deal or flash sale, buy it right away--otherwise, wait until the end of the sale.