Monday, February 9, 2015

Where Does Miss Scarlett get her news from?

I'm sure that some readers would be interested to know, primarily because I can't post news all the time. I've noticed that my news often happens to be toy-related, particularly Ever After High, since it's my favorite. I thought it might be more beneficial to post the sites I get all of my news from, so readers particularly interested in various categories will have reading material.

Video Games and Electronics:

  • Kotaku - I've found that Kotaku is great for information about the North American market 
  • Siliconera - They tend to report mostly on games being developed in Japan, and a good portion of the games they discuss will never get licensed here; but it's nice to see the development of stuff we do get, plus look at the trends in general.
  • Steam - You can buy tons of new PC games here, both from big studios and indie developers.
  • Good Old Games - GOG is terrific for playing older/retro games, and has great prices.
  • IGN - Not only great for video game news, but also pop culture in general.

Books and Popular Culture
  • io9 - It has a little bit of everything, from current news to fandom-related discussion, to actual science!
  • Goodreads - I get lots of book recommendations here; it's a great resource.
  • Buzzfeed - This is the best time-waster ever. Period.

Toys and Figures

Anime and Manga
  • Anime News Network - The best, most reliable source of information about anime and the anime industry that I have found. A very useful site.
  • I have also "liked" the Facebook pages of FUNimation, Sentai Filmworks, Discotek, Aniplex of America, Viz Media, Vertical, Inc., Seven Seas Publishing, Dark Horse Comics. And their tumblr pages are very informative, as well.