Friday, March 13, 2015

Disney Tsum Tsum Chip and Mickey Review

Hey, everyone! Welcome to the Hobby Haven!

Today's review is a new variation on an old theme. This past Christmas, I was gifted with some of my new favorite stuffed animals from the Disney Store: Tsum Tsums. I'd been planning on getting some more at some point, so this actually works out pretty well. (Thanks to my friend Mrs. Peacock who got these for me!)

Let's take a look at these babies!
If you don't know what a Tsum Tsum is (or if you remember that I reviewed some earlier on), here is my past review to get you up to speed. These stuffed toys are exclusive to the Disney Store, and are offered in several sizes. These are the medium size, which I had not gotten before.

They are about 11 inches in length, and I'd estimate about 7 to 8 inches wide: about the same size as the average teddy bear. They are very soft and squishable. They are available online at the Disney Store's website, and also in select Disney Store retail locations. If you want to pick them up in person, call before you go. The medium Tsum Tsum plushes are $12.95 each, and right now (this could change later) are available in the following characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Winnie the Pooh, Chip, Dale, Marie, and Stitch.

Mrs. Peacock remembered that I'd said that I wanted a Mickey in every size, plus a medium Chip and Dale. They didn't have Dale when she went, so she picked up the other two. (I'll get a large Mickey eventually, but I have to figure what where I'd put him!)


Here are Chip the chipmunk and Mickey Mouse, medium size. We'll look at one, then the other.


I find it really cute that Disney remembered his red shorts. Weird, but cute. He's about the same size as your average "pillow pet" toy. I left the tag on for now. Same regular Mickey Mouse colors: black body, bright red shorts, pale peach colored face.


Mickey has a very cute face, with ears that tend to flop forward. He has little pink cheek blush marks that are embroidered on.


His little limbs are the cutest thing ever! Mickey's stomach is also very soft.


And now, Chip! His cheek blush spots are embroidered on, like Mickey. Unlike his mini version, he does not have any teeth sewn on. Interesting.


Here's a better front view...


...and the bottom.


Here is mini Chip sitting on to of medium Chip for comparison. Remember, the mini Tsum Tsums are big enough to comfortably fit in an adult's hand. Looking at the two, I can confirm that medium Chip's fur is slightly darker than mini Chip's. they stack very nicely.

These Tsum Tsum toys continue to impress me, and would make wonderful toys for small children, given that they lack small parts and are nice and soft. They could even double as pillows! I think that these medium-sized Tsum Tsums are a bit of a better value than the small ones, given the size, but they have less variety. (For now, at least.) Hopefully we will see some more medium-sized character additions in the future.

Miss Scarlett suggests: Definitely get some of the medium-sized if you've picked up any of the mini-sized Tsum Tsums so far!