Saturday, March 7, 2015

Miss Scarlett checking in!

Whew! I just finished writing up and scheduling a whole bunch of reviews for you guys. I've got reviews and whatnot ready to go up to the beginning of May, and that's when I should have a whole bunch of things come in...and I start the reviewing all over again.

Now, some odds and sods:


We haven't had an Ever After High webisode since a few weeks ago (the episode with Ginger), and I'm guessing that's because Mattel wanted to play up the Spring Unsprung movie (which I still need to watch, I just haven't had time yet).

Brace yourself for a Sailor Moon blitz:
No confirmation from Viz on when we're getting the next boxset of Sailor Moon. The best guess we have right now is May, based on the releases of Season One, but again, nothing confirmed.

Also, no word from Bandai on when we're seeing any of those new Sailor Moon Figuarts released in the U.S. The Super Sailor Moon Figuarts is being released in July in Japan, meaning the soonest we could see her Stateside is August (no preorder links on Amazon.com right now, although the Amazon.jp ones are live). Really hoping we'll get Pluto this year; if we do, I don't think it will be until the fall/early winter.

Bandai is, however, releasing a series of Rement-like mini Sailor Moon food dioramas. Rement is a series of collectible miniatures that come in all different types, from miniature food to household items. They're doll-sized and adorable. This set is no exception. These little sets are approximately $5 each, and I'm debating if I want to get some. ARGH NO SCARLETT STOP

Also also: Sailor Moon Ayakashi sisters Petit Chara coming this year. Not getting them, but announcing it for those interested.

I also learned that GoodSmile Company is making Star Wars Nendoroid figures... Given that they announced a Frozen Queen Elsa Nendoroid back in December, I am predicting that we will see more western franchises represented in GoodSmile's lineup.

I also just learned that Disney released MORE Frozen limited edition dolls. They offered Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff, all in casual outfits that they didn't wear in the movie. They're cute, but not as attractive as the first set were. I wish I had the money to blow on these kinds of dolls. I mean, I love my classic Frozen dolls, but they're not as sparkly. Come to think of it, Disney has really been pumping out the limited edition dolls lately, haven't they? They had big promotions for the Sleeping Beauty re-release, the live-action Cinderella and Maleficent movies, plus that Disney Couples line. Huh.

Oh, and speaking of Disney, new products are up on the website! They have lots of Frozen Fever merchandise, and new Tsum Tsums! They have a Frozen mini collection (Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Hans, Sven, and Olaf), plus a medium and large size Olaf. There are two new Winnie the Pooh sets: one Easter-themed mini collection, and another with a bumblebee-themed set. The last one is super cute: It has a "small" Pooh Bear (about 8 inches long) that functions as a bag some you can put the four mini-sized Pooh, Tigger, Eeeyore, and Piglet Tsum Tsums inside. A "Big Hero 6" collection will be released on April 7th. So lots of Tsum Tsums to look forward to!

Anyway, that's all for now. Look for a new review this Friday! Miss Scarlett, signing out!