Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weekend updating time!

Oooh! Good news, everyone!

The Amazon listings of Ever After High's Darling Charming, Faybelle Thorne, and Rosabella Beauty are now live! The dolls are retailing for about $19.99, but a word of warning. The dolls have been going in and out of stock, so if you get to the page and it is not retailing for the correct price, that means it's out of stock! Wait until it's the correct price, so you're not giving in to scalpers.

For my part, I'm going to be picking up Darling; I've learned my lesson from Duchess and will be buying this doll online. It's sad when you can't trust the stores around you to carry merchandise! Must be nice to live in an area where stores carry whatever you want... ::ahem::

Anyway, I believe that Darling will be the last EAH doll that I'll be buying until the end of the year. I would like Rosabella and Ginger, but I will be waiting to see if there are any good sales around the holidays. I may or may not be making an exception for the Duchess Swan "Fairest on Ice" doll, depending on when it's released. We'll see. The reason for all this is that my budget for the summer and early autumn is looking pretty tight, so I need to be cautious of what I'm spending on "fun" things that aren't necessary.

Just a few housekeeping items to go over; I have content prepared for the whole month of May, plus there are three figures that I have pre-ordered but not received. The third Sailor Moon boxset also ships in a few months, so I'll be reviewing that. Adding in Darling, that means we'll have enough for the months of June and July. I'm also planning another Throwback Thursday post, if I can find the time to do it. I'll be doing crafting posts for the EAH doll makeovers on the weeks when I don't have reviews.

I'm a little concerned about having enough posts for August, so I might be just doing crafting posts that whole month. I am making a gift for a baby shower in July, so I thought that I might do a post or two about the project and use that for August. So essentially, don't be disappointed if August is a little bare! I'm trying to do the best I can, content-wise, given my budget.

Steam and Good Old Games will also be holding their annual Summer Sales in a few months, so look for a post or two there! I've managed to whittle down my wishlists on both sites for the past year or two thanks to terrific sales, so while I may not be buying anything (it all depends), I'll still let you guys know what's on sale!

And I'll do a bit more of EAH news...The Way Too Wonderland line has a playset with Raven Queen. Other dolls in the line will be Maddie, Lizzie, Kitty, and Apple. The "Way Too Wonderland" special will be hitting Netflix in August. Still no release dates yet for Bunny Blanc or Alistair Wonderland, although they are supposed to be coming "soon." Pictures have been released for a "School Spirit" two-pack with Apple and Raven, no release date yet. Still no release date for the "Sugar Coated" line, although we've gotten more high-quality pics, and my goodness, the dolls look adorable. Ugh...so many dolls, so little money.

That should be all, folks. (Oh, and to the curious: STILL no release window for the Sailor Pluto Figuarts. We're getting Super Sailor Moon in August/September, which means that if Pluto is the next figure, we won't see her until October/November at earliest. Grrr.)