Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday!

Good morning, everyone! I hope your Thanksgiving was pleasant and that today hasn't been *too* crazymaking. (...I hope...)

The whole Scarlett family had a good Thanksgiving yesterday; my grandmother was having one of her "bad hearing" days ("Grandma! Would you like some mashed potatoes?" "Eh? Stop mumbling, Scarlett, I can't hear you!" "WOULD YOU LIKE SOME POTATOES?" "EHHHHHH?"), and my sister managed to burn herself making brownies, but those hiccups aside, it was fine. We now have lots of leftovers, and I had pie for breakfast. :) And now I've been roped into helping my parents decorate their house for Christmas. Every room *must* be filled with Christmas cheer. Must. Non-negotiable.

But that's okay, because I've finished my Christmas shopping, for the most part. Best Buy started their online sale yesterday, so I just made my purchase with them in the morning after we put the turkey in the oven. They had everything that I wanted with the exception of the Amazon Fire tablets; they sold through their online allotment quickly on Thursday morning, and I wasn't fast enough. Soooo I ended up buying it on Amazon, which was price-matching the deal. If you want the Fire tablet deal, I suggest going there, since Best Buy is not offering the deal online now, just in-store only.

Right Stuf is also hitting it out of the park this week; half of the items on my "must-have" list popped up again, so I placed some orders. Note that I am saying "orders," because this year, there is actually an incentive to place your orders in smaller quantities. They are running a drawing to win a $250 gift certificate, and each order that you place during the holiday sale counts as an entry. (You can also write in entries if you can't/don't want to buy anything) I have no doubt that doing it this way encourages more impulse buying. Also, the shipping turnaround is amazing; I placed my first order about 6 PM on Thanksgiving, and got a shipping notification when I woke up this morning at 9 AM.

The rest of today was spent picking up some necessities at the grocery store and Rite Aid (which was sold out of the bath puffs I wanted, boooo), and then helping my parents clean up from Thanksgiving. Laundry, dishes, floors....ugh.

I'm beat at this point, guys. If I can't get this next review finished tonight, I'll put it up tomorrow. Right now, I need pie and sleep. My Black Friday kill count is under the cut, but beyond that...Miss Scarlett is signing out.




My total tally:

  • Nintendo New 3DS XL, black: Best Buy, $179.99
  • 3DS charger: Best Buy, $10.99 (Thanks, Nintendo, for not including this with the New 3DS....NOT,)
  • Nintendo 3DS eShop cards: Best Buy, $30 worth of cards at 15% off
  • Amazon Fire tablet: Amazon, $34.99 (plus a random $0.50 glue stick to get free shipping)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 3 and 4 on Blu-ray: Right Stuf, $16.99 each
  • Tiger and Bunny The Movie 2 on Blu-ray: Right Stuf, $14.99
  • Yoko Ishida "All of Me" CD: Right Stuf, $1.99
  • Final Fantasy "The Sky" deluxe art book set: Right Stuf, $45.00
  • Ushio and Tora (the original series) on DVD: Right Stuf, $6.99
  • Toaster: Target, $8.00 (plus free shipping on every purchase!)
  • "Portal" and "The Princess' Heart" video games: Steam, $3.58