Sunday, October 2, 2016

All for Fall!

Hello, everyone! I hope you've had a good weekend. Welcome to the Hobby Haven!

Well, October has officially begun, although it hasn't been very fall-like yet; it's mostly been pretty grey and grim and damp and rainy. A few trees are starting to turn, but no real gorgeous fall foliage yet. But I'm still pretty pumped. This year, we are throwing a Halloween-themed party at work, so we have been chatting and planning endlessly for it. I'm helping with decorations and music, so I have had an actual excuse to browse Pinterest during work hours, LOL! I got some really good ideas that way, so you'll be seeing a "Miss Scarlett Crafts" Halloween Special!

Also, since I worked on Labor Day, I'm allowed to take off a day of my choosing, so I picked...can you guess? (We're not having the party actually ON Halloween, so there's no scheduling conflict there.) I'll be doing some treat baking that day, since we're not allowed to serve homemade food to students (for fear of allergies and such), so I can guarantee that I'll get some delicious treats no matter what!

It also means that I get to plan ahead for spending a fun, cozy day at home snuggled in blankets and watch spooky movies! So far I'm thinking some of my favorite monster movies (Dracula, The Wolf Man, etc.) mixed with some favorite childhood classics (Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, etc.). I'll need to stock up on some treats like cider and Count Chocula, too.

I'm optimistic that this will be a fun fall!