Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ever After High News

Just a few pieces of info, no big news.

The Ever After High Dolls Facebook page shared some photos of the upcoming Glass Lake (so confused, last I heard it was called Mirror Beach? And before that Looking Glass Lake?) line. It consists of Apple, Ashlynn, and Maddie in very simple attire: swimsuits with skirt cover-ups, sunglasses, and very inappropriate shoes. The admin has pointed out in a prior post that none of the accessories are new, simply recolored versions of accessories used from different characters in earlier lines. I am thinking that these might be budget dolls, released without stands. I personally don't find them very appealing, but it might be an easy way to get some new fans into the franchise, especially if the price point is low enough.

I also wanted to mention the Thronecoming special; it will be a half-hour special airing on November 2nd on Nickelodeon at 3 PM EST. No word on whether or not it will be streamed online, so you might want to set your DVR just in case. Beginning October 22nd, you can go onto the official website to vote for your choice of Thronecoming Queen. Voting closes on November 20th. The winners will be announced in a special webisode aired on November 25th. That webisode will mark the end of season 2, and then we won't have anything new until next year when season 3 will start. No word on when season 3 will start.

Some new trademarks announced, as well. One them seems to be a new character: Farrah Goodfairy. I guess we'll see if she is a doll or not next year.

You may all be interested to know that Disney is filming what appears to be an EAH-style movie. The film, entitled Descendants (could be a working title for now) is one of their Disney Channel Original Movies and is slated to air in February. I might check it out, if only because I have fond memories of watching Disney Channel's movies when I was a kid...and because Kristen Chenowith is playing Maleficent!

Still no word on when the Kitty Cheshire, Duchess Swan, and Ginger Breadhouse dolls will be released. It could be as soon as a few weeks! (I realize that I'm harping on this a bit, but we haven't had new characters released since July! It's exciting!) We only know that they are being released for "Holiday season 2014," which makes me think that they'll be ready at the very latest by Black Friday.

I'm hoping that 2015 brings us some more dolls released in the Legacy Day or Thronecoming lines. There are so many beautiful designs for both that would make wonderful dolls, and it would be a shame not to capitalize on it. I'm also hoping for some fashion packs, like Monster High has. (And maybe, if I'm lucky, a very good holiday sale on some of the older basic dolls?)