Thursday, October 16, 2014

Odds and ends

Hey, folks! There WILL be a review posted tomorrow--one of the toys I already own, so no waiting on Amazon--so there will in fact be something to read.

My best friend and I went shopping today, and I picked up some cute toys from the Disney store. I'm going to make a post on them for next week to make up for the lack of content from the past month. I also picked up a volume of manga while we were out. I'd like to make a plug for it; the series is called Yotsuba&!, and is written and drawn by Kiyohiko Azuma and published by Yen Press. It's an adorable "slice of life" style story about a little girl named Yotsuba, whose mission is simply to enjoy everything. Her innocence and unique outlook make everyday situations into sheer comedy. Pick one up today!

Anyway, still no news about Saturn. I basically just have to wait until they either contact me that it's back in stock, or wait until they send me an email on 11/9 canceling my order because they still have no stock. With any luck, they'll give me back my $20 gift card and I can put it toward one of the other Figuarts that I have ordered.

More Ever After High trademarks and such...there are several new lines coming out in 2015, including "Into the Woods," (some sort of outdoorsy theme), "Mirror Beach," (beach theme, natch), and "Spring Unsprung." That's also the title of the upcoming Ever After High movie, so my guess is that this line will be taken from the movie itself. Either new characters or existing characters in new outfits. We'll also get some playsets: The Glass Slipper (Ashlynn's shoe shop) and a restaurant-type set. maybe Maddie's tea shop or Ginger's bakery? Some photos were briefly posted of Mirror Beach and Into the Woods, and they look rather bland. Not holding out much hope for those. I'm definitely getting Duchess Swan when she comes out, and I am seriously considering picking up Ginger Breadhouse. I don't know why, but she looks interesting. And I love that she has glasses!

I'm also struggling with myself over picking up C.A. Cupid's Thronecoming doll. Duchess and Sparrow are my favorites out of the EAH characters, and I like--but am not crazy about--the rest. I don't have any particular love for Cupid, but her Thronecoming doll looks neat. And I'd like to have a "fancy" EAH doll; the Legacy Day outfits are just unappealing to me, so this would be next best. Don't...know...argh! I'm also torn over whether or not to get that Sweet Screams Frankie Stein doll I saw at Target. Urgh.

What can I say, collecting can be a struggle. You only have so much space, and so much money. Deciding what you want to do with those is hard.