Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Where Miss Scarlett's a little grouchy.

Grrr, everyone. Grrr. I'm not in a good mood right now (lots of drama with my insurance company, spent a lot of time with them on the phone this morning, and the issue still isn't resolved. grrrrrr), and the news I've gotten isn't making me any happier.

I pre-ordered my Sailor Saturn Figuarts from Amazon on day one, as soon as the link for pre-ordering went live. Back in May, actually. I trusted Amazon because I've gotten very good service from them, very consistent. In 8 years of being a customer there and ordering at least monthly, I can count all the flub-ups on one hand. So of course I went ahead and ordered Saturn from them; the shipping was free, and given that their distribution center is nearby, I receive my items very quickly (even without Prime!).

September 30th, the release date, rolls around, and I get excited. I got Jupiter and Venus VERY shortly after the release date, so I had every expectation of having in my hands by the 3rd, when the review was supposed to go live.

And nothing happened.

It's been one week since the release date, and absolutely no update from Amazon on when it will ship, or if they even have it. I've checked out the Amazon message boards, and it's the same for everyone else. Amazon says they don't have it in stock, don't know when they'll have it in stock, and consequently don't know when I'll get mine.

I want to clarify that I don't mind waiting--as long as I have an estimated shipping date! But there is no information from Amazon whatsoever. I can only guess that since Saturn is a popular character, there there must be a run on the figures, and Amazon is trying to get enough to fill the demand? Don't know.

It's been a crappy day so far, and I was hoping to get lots of things done, but it just seems that it's not happening. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. (Also, Universal is trying to reboot the Universal Monsters franchise? The Mummy (with Brendan Frasier) is apparently being considered the first in this "reboot," with Dracula Untold being the next. Not sure how I feel about this; why does EVERYTHING need to be rebooted? Oh, right, because Hollywood has no new ideas anymore. Sigh.)

So....yeah. The Saturn Figuarts review is postponed until it actually arrives, guys. Miss Scarlett, signing out, to go do some laundry and hopefully be productive before I go to work tonight. Sigh.