Friday, October 10, 2014

Where are you, Saturn?

An update for anybody currently interested in ordering the Sailor Saturn Figuarts: I have an update with news from Amazon. Not good news, though.

One of the members in the Amazon forums posted some news she got from customer representatives that she spoke with earlier today. It seems that the original vendor that was supplying Amazon with the Saturn figures is fully out of stock. I am not sure if this vendor is Bluefin Distribution, or another vendor that bought figures wholesale from Bluefin. This vendor does not know when they will have more in stock, so there is no specific restock date. This is corroborated by several posts in the MyFigureCollection.net forums.

If you look at the Amazon listing, figures are being offered by a third party company approved by Amazon. So if you want the figure, and can only get it through Amazon, you have some options there. If you don't particularly care about ordering Saturn through Amazon, you can get her from these retailers, which have her listed as being in stock:

  • Big Bad Toy Store
  • CDJapan
  • I believe that HobbyLink Japan has them, but their site seems to be currently down at the moment.


Now, as for what I'm doing...well, I'm being a bit of tool and am not canceling my Amazon pre-order. I used over $20 in gift card funds on her, so if I ordered her from another site, I'd be paying full price for the figure, and be paying for shipping, too. Remember, I'm cheap. I seek out discounts wherever I can.

I am a little conflicted about this. I find it completely mind-boggling that somehow, AMAZON, the biggest online retailer of all, can't even obtain figures to fill pre-orders that have been standing since day one. I mean, it's somehow sold out before anyone can get it? How does that even work? I know that Saturn is popular, but yeesh.

Amazon sent me an e-mail earlier stating that they will continue trying to fill my order until 11/09/14, after which date they will cancel my order if they cannot fill it. I was given the option of canceling the order before then. I wonder how many people took them up on it. I am hoping, at the very least, that they will give us free two-day shipping once they do fill the orders. I am optimistic that they will be able to find enough product to fill the orders. Well, I'll keep you guys posted on how Amazon resolves the situation. It will be interesting, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment