Saturday, August 1, 2015

Figuarts News Roundup!

Well, finally---FINALLY--Bandai condescended to put up Sailor Pluto's pre-order listing on Amazon. she'll be hitting our shores just in time for Christmas. Let me tell you, I could not hit that order button fast enough. what's really interesting is that Bandai has "action figure" in the item's title, although none of the other Figuarts are titled that on Amazon. Huh.

I don't have much good news for those hoping to get their hands on the "Sailor Zoisite" figure. Actually, it's titled several different things. The base reads "Nise Sailor Moon"; "nise" meaning "fake" or "false." I've also heard it referred to as "Sailor Moon Imposter Version" and "Sailor Moon Zoisite Disguise Version." Bandai had this figure as a San Diego Comic Con exclusive, and is not selling it on their Amazon site. The only listings I've seen on Amazon are from secondary sellers. If you want this, your best bet would be A. A secondary seller on Amazon or eBay (but watch out for fakes!) or B. Seeing if anyone is posting one for sale on a figure-collecting website, like MyFigureCollection.net. Prices are skyrocketing--I'm seeing these for $80-90--so be willing to spend some cash if you want one.

Bandai also just announced a Super Sailor Mercury Figuarts, which leads me to the conclusion that we are getting the Super versions of each of the Sailors. Given that it's just a mild costume change (different sleeves, bows, and bow jewels), this really feels like a cash-in and a way to re-use the existing molds and maximize their profit. I can only hope this means that they're open to making figures of other characters, or maybe even Eternal Sailor Moon.

I'll be picking up the Sailor V Figuarts and the Super Sailor Venus Figuarts (whenever she gets announced, probably next year) at some point, but not before Sailors Mercury and Mars. I keep putting off getting those!

In not-exactly-Figuarts news, you should all check out Good Smile Company's Facebook page, since they posted up tons of pictures from the summer Wonder Festival. So many announcements of figures. So many. GSC is making a Princess Anna Nendoroid, naturally. So I have to get her to keep my Elsa company. Also confirmation of a Kaitou Kid Figma from the Detective Conan series. So many figures, so little time...